FTP, SMTP, NNTP disabled --> SCOM still recognizes these services
slayer-19
2008-10-31 10:22:08 UTC

on some Windows 2003 servers I have disabled the IIS services FTP, SMTP and
NNTP. But SCOM 2007 still recognizes all these services.
What can I do that SCOM doesn't monitor these services anymore?

Dennis
Blake Mengotto
2008-10-31 20:45:23 UTC
Did you try doing over rides for those services on those particular
machines? This is what you will need to do.
--
Regards,
Blake
Hi,
Dennis
Boris Yanushpolsky [MSFT]
2008-11-11 04:43:15 UTC
You can disable the discoveries and then call the
Remove-DisabledMonitoringObject powershell command.
--
Boris Yanushpolsky
Program Manager
Post by Blake Mengotto
Did you try doing over rides for those services on those particular
machines? This is what you will need to do.
--
Regards,
Blake
Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com
Blog: http//discussitnow.spaces.live.com
Hi,