2008 server IIS 7 MP matching 2003's capabilities
TannerJohn
2009-01-30 02:09:01 UTC
I posted this in the General group as well.

Does anyone know of plans, or projected release dates, of an IIS management
pack for Windows 2008 IIS 7 server?
I have migrated the MOM 2005 MP, but it is only for monitoring the Worker
Processes and not health on web sites, ftp sites or application pools.

Just can't find anything anywhere on plans or projected release dates.

Thanks in advance.
Anders Bengtsson [MVP]
2009-01-31 11:48:08 UTC
Hello TannerJohn,

It is planned to be released in Q1.

Anders Bengtsson
Microsoft MVP - System Center Operations Manager
www.contoso.se
Thanks in advance.
frank colvin
2009-02-04 22:42:24 UTC
I thought MS wasnt going to be releaseing products without the MP for scom
available at the same time. or so the documentaion says. do you know how we
can monitor application pools for iis7 in the mean time or are we supposed to
dangle
Thanks in advance.
Capriole
2009-02-11 01:33:02 UTC
Wholeheartedly agree with TannerJohn - is anyone at MS going to give an
explanation for why the IIS7 is still unreleased 12 months after the product
RTMed?

Currently adoption of IIS7/Windows 2008 is being constrained by the
availability of supporting products.
Thanks in advance.
Capriole
2009-02-11 01:35:05 UTC
Agree with Frank, can anyone explain why the IIS7 MP is still unreleased a
year after the product RTMed? IIS7 and Win2008 adoption is being hampered by
availability of supporting products.

I thought common engineering criteria were supposed to address such issues?
Thanks in advance.
Zorba
2009-03-05 12:29:00 UTC
there is the IIS 7 MP.
1st: You need a hotfix on agent-site
2nd: With the hotfix installed, your Healthservice may stop working

http://blogs.technet.com/operationsmgr/archive/2009/02/25/kb957123-may-cause-the-sdk-service-and-config-service-to-become-disabled.aspx

:-(