IIS Discovery Probe Module Failed Execution
ScottW_SWA
2008-12-19 20:02:01 UTC

I am receiving an alert stating IIS Discovery Probe Module Failed Execution
on all managed web servers except for one. The error is below and I realize
that there are other post on this issue but I was wondering if it had been
resolved or if I still needed to submit a support case on this problem.

Error doing IIS Discovery Error: 0x80070006 Details: The handle is invalid.
One or more workflows were affected by this. Workflow name:
Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.2003.DiscoverWebApplications76to100 Instance name: IIS Web Server Instance ID:

thanks for any and all assistance

Scott
Derv
2009-01-08 13:30:07 UTC
Scott,

Did you make any progress on this issue? We have a seen this alert on a
couple of our servers. One server is running Windows 2000 and the other is
running Windows 2003.
Hi,
Scott
ScottW_SWA
2009-01-08 14:46:35 UTC
Derv, Unfortunately I have made very little progress on this. I have
conflicting diagnosis's on what the under lying problem is, one diagnosis is
that it the discovery probe is trying to access the metabase at the same time
an IIS process is and the discovery probes handle is closed due to the
conflict. The other diagnosis I have is that it is related to a permissions
problem. I am not so sure about the permissions diagnosis as my symptoms are
not consistent with the interval at which the discovery runs. I have also
heard rumors that a new IIS MP could be released as early as this month but
it is just a rumor.

Scott
running Windows 2003.
rnish