IIS Discovery Probe Module Execution Failure
NicoDavis
2008-12-12 15:28:16 UTC
Hello everyone!
The last week we are getting the following alert in our environment:

Alert name: IIS Discovery Probe Module Failed Execution
Alert rule: IIS Discovery Probe Module Execution Failure

Error doing IIS DiscoveryError: 0x80070002
Details: The system cannot find the file specified.

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name:
Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.2008.DiscoverAllComponents
Instance name: [hostname]
Instance ID: {B0F2CD79-ED9A-5A6F-F3DD-F746E5F79815}
Management group: [Management group name]

We only get these alerts from Windows Server 2008 machines that hold the Web
Server (IIS) Role.

On the servers where the alert appears an Operations Manager event appears
every hour:

Log Name: Operations Manager
Source: Health Service Modules
Date: 2008-12-12 14:51:03
Event ID: 31803
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Error doing IIS Discovery

Error: 0x80070002
Details: The system cannot find the file specified.

Has anyone seen this behaviour? I have searched newsgroups and forums to no
avail. Please help.

Kind regards
Nico Davis
Derv
2009-01-08 13:32:20 UTC
NicoDavis,

Were you able to resolve this issue? We are seeing the same issue for a
Windows 2003 server.
Hello everyone!
Date: 2008-12-12 14:51:03
Event ID: 31803
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
User: N/A
Computer: SRV0123.fdata.fdn
Nico Davis
NicoDavis
2009-01-08 14:20:14 UTC
Hi Derv!
Nope, we haven't been able to resolve the issue so far. Still waiting for
someone (Microsoft) to come up with a solution.

Regards
Nico Davis
Post by Derv
NicoDavis,
Were you able to resolve this issue? We are seeing the same issue for a
Windows 2003 server.
Hello everyone!